Blog Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

John Daly: On A Mission

At this week’s Greenbrier Classic, the two-time major champion made his fifth cut in six PGA Tour starts this season and then posted a final-round 5-under 65 for his lowest score in 82 rounds. It seems Daly is on a mission to, once again, compete full-time on the U.S. PGA Tour.

“Ever since I changed my putting grip to a regular, normal grip, I’ve been putting so much better. And I’ve been hitting the ball pretty good all year. I’m very pleased. It’s a good confidence booster,” said Daly. I know his many fans are also pleased to see him doing so well this year.

Daly fans will also be happy to hear he is taking strides toward a healthier life for himself and others. Daly and Tiger Woods will be teaming up to help Greenbrier Owner, Jim Justice, lose weight. The pair has promised to donate $100 to the charity of Justice’s choice for every pound he loses.

“He’s a big guy. If we could get him to lose some weight and add about 30-40 years to his life, he’ll be happy,” said Daly. “Every year I talk to him, his back is hurting him, and his knees are hurting him… It’s time somebody did something for him after him always doing something for everybody else.”

“I'm really proud of him,” Justice said. “I even offered to help him and sponsor him in some little way. People ask for a lot of stuff all the time, you know, and even with me offering, not one time has John Daly ever asked me for anything.”

Daly will continue to pursure the U.S. PGA card at TPC Deere Run in Silvis, IL. Keep up with Daly and other exciting sports news by following Luber Brothers on Facebook!

For more information about Luber Brothers, please visit www.luber.com. To contact us, please e-mail to sales@luber.com or call (972) 313-2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment